Electronic cigarettes are battery operated vaping devices. They work by heating a water based e-liquid solution until it turns into a vapour which is then inhaled by the user. Using an electronic cigarette is known as vaping. They simulate the physical hand to mouth action involved when smoking a tobacco cigarette. E-cigarettes do not contain any tobacco and are exempt from the UK smoking ban. They can be used legally almost anywhere and contain significantly less of the known harmful chemicals produced in burning tobacco. Electronic cigarettes are odourless and only release a water vapour meaning there are no second hand smoking dangers associated with them. The vapour is odourless and doesn’t leave behind any residue or stains like tobacco smoke. We recommend as a matter of courtesy that you always ask permission to use your e-Cigarette indoors the first time you visit an establishment.
There are two types of e-Cigarette – disposable and refillable devices. We only supply the refillable type, which in the long run provide a cost-effective alternative to smoking tobacco and give a much stronger ‘hit’, more truly simulating the smoking effect. There are a large number of flavours and nicotine strengths available which allows you to tailor the nicotine strength and flavour to suit your own individual preferences and tastes.
How They Work
Our E-cigarettes are made up of the following main components:
- A battery to provide the electricity
- A tank to hold the E-Liquid
- An atomiser or head coil, comprising of heating coils and wicks, that vapourises the E-Liquid.
- A mouthpiece (often referred to as a drip tip) that can be removeable or an integral part of the tank.
The tank and atomiser are often collectively referred to as a Clearomiser. When you draw on the mouthpiece, fluid is drawn into the wick where it is vapourised producing the ‘smoke’ you inhale. In reality the smoke is actually water vapour containing nicotine and the flavour you have chosen.
Single and dual coil versions of the atomisers are available. We use dual coils in all our starter kits which result in a better ‘hit’ and plenty of vapour.
Our E-cigarettes are the world leading eGo brand and are made from quality, long lasting components. This makes them more reliable and they should not be confused with inferior quality cheaper products. All parts of E-cigarettes are consumable, that is they will need replacing at some future point. Our quality means ours last longer than most. Our batteries should last for between 200 and 300 charges; the coils should last between 3 and 6 weeks depending on how heavily you use them.
What Does It Cost
It all depends on how many cigarettes you smoke.
Our 10ml bottles of e-liquid cost £2.20 for any flavour or strength. If you currently smoke 20 cigarettes a day, one bottle should last you at least a week. So, you will need 4 bottles a month which costs £8.80. You will probably also need maybe 2 coils a month which will cost an additional £2.00 each. So we’re up to £12.80 a month so far. Let’s say you buy a battery every six months at £12.00, which equates to £2.00 a month making a total of £14.80 a month or £3.70 a week – less than the cost of a single packet of 20 cigarettes each week, or about the cost of just one 10 pack.
What Do I Need To Get Started
The minimum you need to get started is
- A battery
- A tank/clearomiser
- A 10 ml bottle of fluid
- A usb charger to re-charge the battery.
We refer to this as an Introductory Starter Kit and prices start at £20 depending on the battery size you choose.
If you want to go one better, then you could choose a Full Starter Kit which comprises of an Introductory Starter Kit and the following additions
- Carry case
- Lanyard (a strap to hang the E-Cig around your neck)
- Matched mains adaptor
- Battery stand
These additions would cost £13.60 if bought individually, but we do a Full Starter Kit from as little as £25, again depending on Battery size.
If you want to make sure you always have an E-Cigarette to hand then you could go for a Double Starter Kit priced from £40 and comprising of
- 2 batteries
- 2 tanks/clearomizers
- USB charger
- Carry case
- Matched mains adapter
- 10ml bottle of fluid (your choice of strength and flavour – we are happy to advise)
- Battery Stand
If you only smoke 20 cigarettes a day, that means you spend around £50.00 a week on cigarettes – you will save even on week 1, and thereafter the savings will be enormous and think about the health benefits.
We do a range of battery sizes and the one you need depends on how many cigarettes you smoke per day.
- If you smoke up to 20 a day – choose a 650mAh battery
- If you smoke 20-30 a day – choose a 900mAh battery
- If you smoke 30-40 a day – choose an 1100mAh battery
- If you smoke over 40 a day – consider a double kit containing 2 batteries
The mAh rating of a battery is the power output. The higher the rating, the longer you can go between charges or the more use you can get from it between charges. The idea is to choose a battery size that will last you a whole day without needing to be re-charged.
Are They Safe
They are certainly a lot safer than tobacco based cigarettes as they don’t contain any of the products of burning. Here’s what Dr Hilary Jones said on breakfast television.
Dr Hilary Jones the ‘TV Doctor’ said on Daybreak:
You can smoke safely using an e-cigarette as they contain no tar and no carcinogenic lung cancer causing chemicals, they also satisfy your cravings and there is no passive smoking element when using an e-cigarette, they are better than smoking tobacco for sure
Tobacco smoke has 69 toxins proven to cause cancer; e-cigarettes have none.
Employers are considering allowing their use on work premises as a healthy alternative to off-site smoking. This promotes a healthy alternative to tobacco smoking and negates the disruption caused by temporary absenteeism.
- E-cigarettes are legal to use in any public place
- E-cigarettes contain just 4 pharmacy grade chemicals; tobacco smoke contains over 4,000
- 20% of the adult population of the UK smoke tobacco and every day more are turning to e-cigarettes
- In 2011 the use of e-cigarettes increased by 400% in the UK
- At the end of 2012 there are an estimated 680,000 regular users of e-cigarettes
- At the end of 2013 there are an estimated 1.3 million regular e-cig users in the UK
- Electronic Cigarettes come in different shapes and sizes, but they all do the same job!
- They deliver nicotine every time a user inhales. The vapour that is then exhaled is pure water vapour
- There is no smoke from these e-Cigs, there is no ignitable element.
Could you be our next Franchisee?
For further information and contact details about this Franchise Opportunity, please click here.